California Voting & Assistance Programs
Find My State or Local Election Office Website
- Elections and Voter Information https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections
- For local voting and registration questions, find your local election office contact information.
Earned Income Tax Credit Information Act Communication
You may also be eligible to receive the California Earned Income Tax Credit (California EITC) starting with the calendar year 2015 tax year. The California EITC is a refundable state income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. The California EITC is treated in the same manner as the Federal EITC and generally will not be used to determine eligibility for welfare benefits under California law. To claim the California EITC, even if you do not owe California taxes, you must file a California income tax return and complete and attach the California EITC Form (FTB 3514). For information on the availability of the credit eligibility requirements and how to obtain the necessary California forms and get help filing, contact the Franchise Tax Board at 1-800-852-5711 or through its website at www.ftb.ca.gov.
For additional information, refer to the IRS EITC web page at https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit or the California EITC web page at https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/personal/credits/california-earned-income-tax-credit.html
Online CalFresh application website
- SELECT: GetCalFresh.org is an on-line CalFresh application tool that takes 10 minutes to complete. It is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
- CALL: Call the CalFresh Info Line (877-847-3663) to get connected to your county. The Info Line is available in English, Spanish, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Russian. For speech or hearing assistance call 711 Relay.
State application for health care coverage
All Californians can sign up during open enrollment. Many others may be eligible to sign up at any time during the year due to a life-changing event such as getting married, having a child or moving. Medi-Cal enrollment is year-round, as well.
About WIC and how to apply
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for:
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or just had a baby
- Children under 5 years old (including foster children)
- Families with low to medium income (working families may qualify)